Cardamom and its Health Benefits
1. Cardamom has been used as food spice since ancient times. In India, cardamom is known as elaichi and is widely used in cooking. This herb is native to tropical regions of Asia and Africa. Cardamom is a member of ginger family (Zingiberaceae) and contains volatile oils that are responsible for its flavor.
2. Cardamom is rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. It helps to reduce cholesterol levels and prevent heart diseases.
3. Cardamom is also effective against diabetes. It can help lower blood sugar level and improve insulin sensitivity.
4. Cardamom is good for digestion. It can stimulate appetite and relieve stomach ache.
5. Cardamom is beneficial for women’s health. It is an excellent remedy for menstrual cramps and other painful conditions.
6. Cardamom tea is considered as a natural cure for colds and flu. It helps to clear congestion from nasal passages and sinuses.